Thursday 23 April 2015

Popular misconceptions about art or studying art
OMG! The topic for today is so fun!!! It will bring out of me all the hate that I feel! yeaaaah!!
So for start, since i've decided to study art, some people that I didn't even meet were asking me like: "Oh, and how are you going to live?" "How are you going to make money" And this was always so annoying, but I think the worst is when people say : "Oh, Art? that's so beautiful" jajaja It's sad, but it makes me laugh.
And there's other people that tell you: "Art? I don't understand art, can you explain me contemporary art?" "why is Duchamp's urinary  art?" or "It seems everything can be Art today (like angry), I just like the beauty of the old paintings like Leonardo's and Miguel Angel's paintings"
When I say that I study Art with other students, like engineering students they are always like trying to make me feel like I'm not doing anything productive and trying to make me feel sorry about them and for all the hours that they have spent studying instead of sleeping, and they always think that numbers and money are so much more important than philosophy and art (and all the other things that are not numbers and money LOL).
The other fun thing is when people take art so seriously, and you see that a lot in Art's world.
What do I know... I just think the art is part of an infinitive mental game.
My mom is very supportive, she had always said to me that I could do anything that I want with my life, always that it makes me feel happy.
I'm not really into earning lots of money, I prefer to do something that I like and for now, Art is pretty fun to me.

2 comments:

  1. The people don't know that we live of the food in the openings hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes when I feel bad and overwhelm, I think ... It's incredible, people earn money for repeat an idea!!!!! ... they make the sistem work :c and I'm a poor person... but almost a "free" person!. love you!

    ReplyDelete